Truth is, the last five days for me have been nothing but go, go, go! It's been so fun! Even when I don't have time to sleep or eat (minor necessities)!
Friday was an eventful and busy day at work which is the best. I left 45 minutes early though after completing everything I needed to that day so I could meet up with some friends who were going to Lagoon soon after. It was the last night of the Fright Mare at lagoon and my friend had found some coupons online that would give us a great discount! She had invited 5 other people to come including me, but when the time actually came everyone had cancelled except her boyfriend, another boy and me. So by process of elimination it practically became a double date because naturally the other boy and I paired up because my friend was already paired up with her man.
It turned into THE funnest night! It was raining up a storm, but that didn't deter us. We were determined to stick it our the whole night, soaked shoes and all. And when I say soaked shoes, I mean SOAKED all the way through shoes. Haha The two guys we were with were hilarious! We went on lots of rides and went inside every haunted house. You get real comfortable with each other when you go through a haunted house together! No shame in throwing yourself onto the nearest person next to you going through one of those. Haha I thought for sure I would have a croaky voice the next day from all my screaming.
Seriously, I have never laughed or screamed so much in one night in my life. The boy I paired up with that night sure enough asked for my number at the end of the night and hoped we could do something in the future. I had a ton of fun with him, and we got to know a lot about each other, but the only reason I would go out with him again was for the fun of it not because I am actually interested in getting to know him more.
I got home well after midnight that night, but I had promised a friend from my mission that I would go to the temple with her at 6:45 the next morning. We barely missed the 7:00 session though which meant we had to wait in the temple chapel for another hour. Guess what I did? Sprawled out on the bench in my temple dress and fell asleep. Just kidding! Haha But I definitely was zoned out for that hour. Haha
I thought for sure I could take a nap after the temple to catch up on my lack of sleep, but when I got back from the temple I didn't feel like taking a nap so instead I did the dishes and then I got a call from a random boy that I had only briefly met twice and have no idea how he got my number. He wanted to know if I wanted to go on a group date that evening. Not with him though, but his poor friend who had asked 8 different girls but who had all cancelled on him or said no. Me being me, said yes without much thought because A) I can't say no to what sounds like a good time and B) I can't say no to what sounds like a goo....okay you get the point. Anyways, the problem with this is that I had already told TJ that I would do something with him that day, but he hadn't given me a time yet and I hadn't heard from him in the last 24 hours so I figured whatever this double date was I could fit that in around whatever TJ and I were going to do......dumb! So dumb!
The double date was a murder mystery dinner and the theme was western which meant I needed a cowgirl hat. Sheena was already going to go shopping for her halloween costume that day so I tagged along with her in hope I would find what I was looking for. AND THERE WENT MY NAP! One thing led to another and before I knew it Sheena and I were at lunch with Saren and Dallin.
In the end we didn't get back home until 4 and my date was coming only 30 minutes later to pick me up. In the meantime, while all of this is happening, TJ had texted me and said what the plan was for that day and it all started at the exact same time that my blind date was going to start. Talk about being flustered. I felt so bad that I had said yes to this boy who had just asked me that morning when TJ had been wanting to do something with me for several days. I explained the situation to TJ and He made sure to text me every few hours during my date to show me what I was missing out on. Ha
But let's be real, I rather dress up like a cowgirl over carving pumpkins any night!
I got home late that night again to, and the next morning was Sunday. But I had a mission farewell to go to which meant that we had to leave at 8 which then meant I had to wake up around 6:30 AGAIN.
When I said I was lacking sleep I was serious.




No comments:
Post a Comment