Man, I can't believe October is practically over! Time is going by quickly for me because life is good. I have a great ward, and have really been getting close with my singles ward friends. I was just thinking the other day how weird it was for me when I first moved here and didn't know a person. But now! I have a whole bunch of close friends and am having a blast with them!
Last Saturday (Oct 22) was seriously the first Saturday off my mission that I didn't have anything going on. Crazy, huh?? Although I love being busy and having eventful weekends, I found it nice to have a Saturday to myself. I woke up that morning and decided to take a leisurely stroll up to the Draper temple. In the end it took over an hour and I was sore from it for several days after. Haha! My goal is to run it one of these days, but I obviously need to get in better shape.
After I got back from my walk to the temple, I decided I wanted to go again, only this time to do an endowment session rather than a walk. I took my sweet time getting all fancy for the temple, including ironing my temple clothes because they were super wrinkly from being packed in a small bag for 18 months.
After I got back from my walk to the temple, I decided I wanted to go again, only this time to do an endowment session rather than a walk. I took my sweet time getting all fancy for the temple, including ironing my temple clothes because they were super wrinkly from being packed in a small bag for 18 months.
I've never been to the temple by myself before. This was the first time. It was incredibly peaceful. The kind of peaceful that makes you wonder why you don't make coming to the temple once a week a priority. Obviously life is busy and at times crazy so that is not always achievable, but my mission president always told us that our temple attendance should be based on our level of sacrifice. Which means, go to the temple often enough that it is a sacrifice. The beauty of it is, everyone's level is different so it is unique to each person. I heard during church, institute or conference (who knows!) someone say that if you want to accomplish your goals in life, go to the temple. A lot. I've thought about this a lot since then wondering what it is about the temple that motivates you or in other words helps you achieve your goals. While I don't know the direct answer, as I sat in the session one of the biggest things that stood out to me was how much of a planner God is. As it says in the scriptures, "He created all things spiritually before he created them temporally." The temple teaches you how to plan!! And we all know that if we want something to happen in life we have to first plan it. Therefore, go to the temple because you will learn how to plan, work towards, and accomplish your goals. :)
Monday night for FHE we had a stake Halloween dance. Haha my first dance in a LONG time. Seriously over two years. Stake dances can always be a little interesting, but it was fun! It was a costume party too, but I didn't know about the event until Sunday and you can't buy a costume of Sunday so essentially I had about an hour and half time gap from work to the dance to get a costume. I had no idea what to do! I decided not worry about it but about 30 minutes before I got picked up I decided to put a little effort into atleast trying (talk about a last minute costume...haha). To my surprise I actually pulled something together and everyone LOVED my costume at the dance. I went as Besty the Riveter.
Anyways, there was the boy who decided he really liked me half way through the dance because he hung around the rest of the night and when I was leaving he said, "Hey, can I take you out for ice cream sometime?" He seemed like a pretty cool guy so I said yes.


No comments:
Post a Comment