Sunday, January 11, 2015

Texas, Comin' Right Up!

Every time I sit down to write a new post I come up blank. Which is rather strange because holy cow my life has been eventful these past weeks!
It is exactly 10 days until I enter the MTC. I am seriously thrilled to begin this adventure in my life! Hands down no exceptions. BUT it is slowly tearing my little heart out too...I don't know how that works, but it's workin'! and since I WANT to go on a mission sooo badly, the tearing just has to happen.
This past week, I left for four and a half days to visit Nachelle, Chad, and Saren in Logan.
It was great to visit them before I leave for my mission. Jake even warmed up to me, and decided that maybe I wasn't that bad even if I do kiss him too much. Infact, he told me that he didn't like Saren because she always took me when he wanted to play with me. Jake is seriously the cutest! One day he came into the kitchen carrying his giraffe (Jeffery) where we were all sitting and said, "I love Jeffery too much." Chad asked him what he was going to do about it to which he responded, "Squeeze him as tight as I can." (The OBVIOUS solution of course!)
I spent my nineteenth birthday up there. Chad and Nachelle took us all to a pizza restaurant and ordered a ginormous pizza (the equivalent to 5 lrg. pizzas!). It was epic!!! Haha we only ate half the pizza though... :D So after that we had dessert and then I opened my birthday present from Nachelle which was full of mission/Texas related items. My personal favorite was a container of Barbecue sauce that was "Texas Pit" flavored. Haha Sooo excited I am going to Texas!!!
I got home Saturday and that evening I went over to Derek's house to hangout/celebrate my birthday. We had cake and Ice cream, and then we decided to watch a movie, and since it was my birthday I got to pick the movie. However, Derek lives with two other guys and so ALL their movies are violent, intense, fighting movies. But I saw the Patriot and I happen to love that movie and so I told them I wanted to watch that one since out of all the movies that one seemed the best. Apparently, that really caught them off guard because they all gave me this really surprised look and said, "You just went up two notches." I don't know what those notches are but apparently the more you have the better you are. ;) It also turns out that the Patriot is rated R, Ha! I decided that the version I watched must have been edited. Derek was kind enough to tell me when the really gruesome parts came....actually it was more like grabbing my face and covering it with his arm, but close enough.
That was about my week in a nut shell! The week before I left to Logan, I spent every single night/evening with my friends. We were totally on a roll. That's really what my life consists of. However, I decided it was important that I leave for awhile because I have to slowly pull myself away because I will be leaving for my mission and I don't want to become too attached.
It's funny because when I refer to my friends I am really just thinking Derek. I thought you should know that so you don't become confused. It's just that saying I spend tons of time with Derek and that I may or may not be very attached seems too blunt for my blog....so the generalized term of "friends" seems more appropriate.
Whatever! Life's hard and then you go on a mission.....and then it's really hard! But a good kind of hard. A hard that makes life even better. And then one day I will look back at this time of my life and smile because I had no idea what was coming to me. :)

Random thought: I am glad I am going to the south so that I can say, "Yes ma'am!" and no one will think I am weird!

Derek and I at Denny's with some friends enjoying the last week together

No comments:

Post a Comment