Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

What a week! 
Let me explain (no there is too much). Let me sum up! 

Christmas was spent at the Bed & Breakfast this year. It was great fun. Roger, Ryan, and Nat were the three siblings who were able to make it this year. Ryan got us all hooked on Shark Tank, so we spent most of our free time watching episode after episode. Haha!
I got new scriptures for my mission, and luggage. That means I am two steps closer to being ready for my mission. I was very happy to get them!
Derek invited me to go to the temple with him the following Saturday. I was super happy he invited me because it has been a month since I went through it for the first time. And then he told me (while taking me home) that his mom had told him to invite me to their family's house for games. So that night (after stopping by the Hazlett's for Christopher, and Danielle's wedding reception) I showed up at his Grandma's house where a whole bunch of his family were play games. We only stayed an hour or two because then we decided to invite friends over to his house. One person showed up but not many were coming. So we entertained ourselves by taking videos of each other sliding on his kitchen floor making monster noises and then watching them in slow motion....(we are kind of strange, but it really was super funny! haha!). Since no one else was showing up we decided on the next best option which was the movie theatre (JK, that is definitely not the next BEST option). But the movie was great! Kind of intense and more violent then I go for, but very inspiring. After that, I had to take Derek home because his truck died. Haha! All in all, Saturday was very eventful (just what I like). 
On Sunday morning I decided to go to church with my family but I didn't wake up as early as I meant to, and when I went to get in the shower, all the hot water was gone so I had to go with plan B-Singles Ward... Which was also in plan A therefore I didn't really have to call it plan B since I was planning on it all along in plan A (did you catch that?).
That evening, my friends met up at the Hazlett's to watch The Work and the Glory. Seriously, I feel like I watch movies with my friends ALL the time. We go to F.H.E on Monday night, and decide to watch a movie afterwards, I get a random call on a Tuesday night to come over because we're watching a movie. We get together on Friday, and hmm what should we do? Let's watch a movie. Sunday night, surprise! we are watching a movie. Haha Okay maybe it is not THAT bad but I probably watch more movies on a weekly bases then I ever have before. (Which isn't saying that much because my whole life has been a one movie per week kind of ordeal). Let's be real, for most people, movies are the default button when they can't come up with something more creative. But last F.H.E I was very proud of my friends because we could have easily watched a movie afterwards, but instead we spent the night learning wrestling and dancing moves. I found that more exciting then a movie. Haha

Oh and Happy Christmas, and a Merry New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment