Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Time Fly's When You're Havin' Fun

I had a great weekend because some how every time I am with my whole family it ends up being a lot of fun. If we were a normal family there would be a lot of arguing and personal family problems, but somehow we all seem to love each other and get along really well. Go figure!

The only real down part was that I had to keep working my jobs. In fact, I had about 4 hours total on Thanksgiving day to be with my family because between the B&B and Sunset Grill, I was super busy. Not to mention super worn out, and tired.
But it was fun because some guests who stayed at the B&B came and ate at Sunset Grill and we were excited to see each other. Haha
I walked in full of the Thanksgiving spirit and in my happiest way said, "I'm here!" while everyone just stared at me like a deer staring at an oncoming car.
They obviously weren't having as good of a day as I was.
The restaurant was packed. I couldn't find a single open table. Plus there was a waiting line out the front door. Everyone was frantic and I had no idea what to do, or where to go. So after asking someone, "Where are we at?" my only response was, "Everywhere!" Which was good enough for me since now I knew exactly where I should be and what I should be doing...not
But like they say, "Fake it 'til you make it." So I decided on a route for myself to follow. First I would run from the hostess stand to the downstairs, back up to the main, up to the upstairs, back down, and then finish in the kitchen. I think I blended in so well with all the other workers frantically running around no one even suspected that I was doing absolutely nothing but running from one room to the next. Before long, my faking paid off because I actually did start finding things to do thus, I had finally "made" it.
It was such an exhausting day for me since really I had been going since six o'clock that morning. Through the whole day (from 6am-9pm) I probably only had two hours to just sit and relax.
Normally thanksgiving is about eating and sitting around all day. I worked and ran and exhausted myself out all day.
That was one Thanksgiving I didn't feel Full and plump at the end of the day...that's for sure. Haha

Friday we went shooting out by Ken's Lake, and watched funny Youtube movies.

And Saturday, well Saturday was the best day of all. I decided I wanted to receive my Endowments this weekend because my whole family was home and they could all come participate in this super awesome occasion. (Derek, and anther friend came as well)
While it's hard to talk about details of the temple, I can say that out of anything I have ever experienced in my life this was by far the most peaceful, sacred, and special place I have ever been.
It was so wonderful and beautiful. I can't wait to go back.

November 29th, 2014

Later that day we went to the church to play dodge ball in the gym. If you want to know a special trick on how to play a super fun game of dodge ball here's what to do: Do everything the same way but rather then getting kicked out of the game when you get hit, switch to the other team. It becomes a constant cycle of people switching from side to side and not only is it crazy and fun, but you get to play the whole time! Win, win. :)

Sunday came and I had a relief society lesson to give. I was so busy that week that I never had much time to prepare it so I woke up that morning and decided I should probably start on that. Luckily singles ward doesn't start until 1pm. I was just disappointed that I couldn't go to church with my family.
But, when duty calls, what can you do?

Everyone left when I was away at church and choir practice so I came back to a mostly empty house, but atleast I had a place to park this time...
It was the first day of December (can't believe it!) so we started are yearly Christmas tradition called Advent.

Monday we closed the B&B mostly down so now I am going to work a lot less. I am in a crisis because now I don't know what to do with my life with all this free time. I've worked so much the last few months I never had to plan what I was going to do because it was already planned for me. All I had to worry about was getting myself from one job to the next.
I wish I could just enjoy doing nothing, but I always feel guilty. Thanks a lot cruel world!

1 comment: