Tonight I really wanted to rant about all the troubles I have in my life, and give everyone the need to throw a pity party for me, when my eye caught my blog description: "This blog is collection of my adventures, insights, passions, recipes, and creations. In essence, the sugar, spice and everything nice about my life."
When I thought to myself, "Isn't it such a blessing we have low days, disappointments, discouragements, trials, and over all hard times?"
With the struggle there would be no such thing as the triumph. Without the bitter there would be no such thing as the sweet. Without the bad, there wouldn't be the nice.
Discouragement and hardship are seriously the spice of life.
It makes us appreciate the good so much more. It makes that smile on a good day just a little bit brighter and our laugh just a little bit heartier.
Conflict keeps us improving and moving forward. Like a certain saying goes, "No pain no gain."
Besides, it seems more fitting to write about how grateful I am rather then how annoyed am I considering the fact that it is Thanksgiving week! Which I will have to work the entire day, but hey atleast I have jobs. And thank goodness I love the people I work with especially at Sunset Grill. Ah man. Love 'em.
I even have to give a lesson in Relief Society on being thankful so I better start practicing now what I will be preaching later...
Have you ever read Brad Wilcox's Continuous Atonement or Continuous Conversion?? I just finished both. I highly recommend them as they have seriously improved my understanding on the topic of trials and pain. Including a lot of other things! Can't say enough about the books!
The key to life is gratitude, and it is so much easier be grateful when you have a clear perspective of those trials...
I am so grateful for a consistent family. Consistent because out of all the changes that will be happening in my life, they will not be one of them. They will always be right there for me. For loving and caring friends and people who have the ability to make me forget every discouragement when I am around them. For the opportunity to go on a mission (especially at age nineteen), and share with others what means more to me then anything else in this world will ever-The gospel of Jesus Christ.
That is what I am grateful for this Thanksgiving season. That is what I am grateful for every day!
Nice insight.
ReplyDelete