Here's my week for you, NOTHING BUT WORK, WORK, WORK ALL THE TIME. and I totally just quoted The Princess Bride without even meaning to!
General Conference was this weekend!
The first session I watched down in my room with my laptop. During the session I pulled out my craft supplies and set to work decorating an old peanut container that I keep my loose change in.
After the first session ended I decided to set to work on another project. I found a nice notebook in my room and proceeded to fill it with all the certificates from girls camp, drama, sports, and races I could find as well as my highschool diploma, seminary diploma, and quite a few other papers and large pictures that had value and importance to me. One day I will be glad I carefully saved all those papers that bring back so many memories. I am kinda into that sort of thing. I like saving things for the sake of remembering memories. I'm just sort of sentimental like that. for example: I still have the cast I wore when I broke my arm when I was 12 years old. Which you may or may not have wished to known. and I assure you if you ever give me a card or letter it will be kept safe in a box in my closet forever. Haha That's why I write this blog. I really like that people read my blog and enjoy it, but really it is all for me. One day I will really enjoy reading it too. Like when I am an old grandma or something. And then I will be like, "Here grandkids, read this blog, and see how dorky your grandma USE to be." ;)
Anyways, back to conference. The second session I watched with my family. It tremendously helps if you stay busy while watching because it just has a way of putting you to sleep. I swear, all "good" things in this world that you watch or have to read, put you to sleep. E.G. the scriptures, schoolwork, conference....I'm sure you can relate...
Well anyways I did pretty well until close to the end. Unfortunately I was half asleep through Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. He is one of my most favorite speakers, and I still wasn't able to stay awake even for him. His way of speaking must really connect well with me though or something because even when I was half asleep I still got more out of his talk then all the others!
I remember through my half consciousness him talking about the song, "Because I have been given much, I too must give." Though I know that song very well, it was so profound when he said it, because often I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for all I have been given. And I often tell my Heavenly Father how sincerely grateful I am for what I have, and yet, do I always show it? Sure I feel it. I even say it, but do I show it? Well, whatever the answer is, I can always do better, and for someone who often feels so overwhelmed with gratitude, I sure have a lot I can give.
"Because I have been given much, what can I give? Because of thy great mercy Lord each day I live. I can divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see who has the need of help from me."
After the second session of conference, I had work. Ha bet you didn't see that one coming! Oh wait, I work every single day for like 15 hours!!! (said in a bitter tone) ;) Haha I guess I shouldn't sound bitter or anything cuz let's be real, no one is forcing me, I brought it upon myself.
While it has it's tough times it's still rewarding, and on days when I don't appreciate my "working zeal" I just remember why I am trying so hard, and what I am trying so hard for, and then in my mind it makes it all worth it.
HOWEVER! If I don't get someone to cover my shifts so I can go with my family to pick Saren up from the airport on Wednesday, SO HELP ME! I will set FIRE to ALL three of my jobs!!
I'm not over reacting or anything...
Anyways, after that happy thought, I will tell you about a book that I have started for like the fourth time. It is seriously my most favorite! For two reasons-it teaches very good moral values, and has a great love story in the end. My two most favorite things in the whole world! The book is called, "An Old-Fashioned Girl" by Louise May Alcott. The book is so good it's like scripture to me. Mainly because it makes me want to be a better person. So once I finish it, it's just a matter of time before I know I will pick it up again to re-start it. Just like the scriptures. And it has yet to get old. Haha

Amen to everything girl!! Ha ha especially about the "why" of writing a blog. I want to show my grandkids too! Good luck getting your shifts covered. :)
ReplyDelete