I am sorry to report they are STILL up and running and I am STILL working all three of them.
Tuesday afternoon my family left after cleaning the carpets in our home. I was totally in despair driving to Sunset Grill that night knowing my family was leaving to see friends, family, and SAREN. Plus I really hate being left at home alone at night. I talked them into leaving Daisy (the dog) with me so atleast I had a little friend in that big house all to myself. Wednesday I awoke completely relieved that I had survived the night without being abducted by aliens or some such thing. I dragged my feet to work and endured the 8 hour work shift until 2:30. As soon as the other Innkeeper arrived to take over, I was outta there. I had been planning all day my "game plan" for when I got home. You see, if I had to be left at home I might as well make the most of it right?
I had two hours to complete my LARGE list of TO DO'S before work that night. I sped to the grocery store without being pulled over, ran through the store like A maniac grabbing random objects left and right until I had a sufficient amount of supplies, and raced home. Once home I threw together a cake without taking even so much as a breathier and then went straight on to whipping cream, washing windows, replacing the furniture that was in obscure places after cleaning the carpets, dishes, washing, making a "welcome home" sign, and last but not least taking a shower thanks to the fact that my manager had said I didn't need to come in until 6 rather then 5 which I was sure a blessing from heaven. Two and a half slow hours at Sunset Grill went by before I left straight for the Stake center where I would meet my family who just pulled into town. Once inside I finally got to see Saren, I couldn't help crying my little eyes out when I saw and hugged her. It was good to have her back, and I was so happy! I LOVE HER!
I had two hours to complete my LARGE list of TO DO'S before work that night. I sped to the grocery store without being pulled over, ran through the store like A maniac grabbing random objects left and right until I had a sufficient amount of supplies, and raced home. Once home I threw together a cake without taking even so much as a breathier and then went straight on to whipping cream, washing windows, replacing the furniture that was in obscure places after cleaning the carpets, dishes, washing, making a "welcome home" sign, and last but not least taking a shower thanks to the fact that my manager had said I didn't need to come in until 6 rather then 5 which I was sure a blessing from heaven. Two and a half slow hours at Sunset Grill went by before I left straight for the Stake center where I would meet my family who just pulled into town. Once inside I finally got to see Saren, I couldn't help crying my little eyes out when I saw and hugged her. It was good to have her back, and I was so happy! I LOVE HER!
It's been very different with her back. First off, we are all generally nicer, happier, more helpful around home with her. Haha Plus everything is much more exciting having a "new" person around to experience it with us. Not to mention the good spirit she has. I cannot wait! For the weekend when all the family is home for her homecoming talk. I love my family! Sheena posted what I thought where very inspiring words on Facebook the other day. She said,
"You know those 3,000 piece puzzles we used to do before iPhones and Internet were invented? They took a lot of time and work to put together--especially when pieces got lost--but ultimately, it was a super rewarding endeavor. I'm so glad and thankful to have a huge family that will all finally be back together next weekend!!!"
Saturday morning Saren and I had a double date together with two guys (Derek and Lacy). They picked us up 5:45 in the morning, drove to delicate arch for ANOTHER sunrise hike which we later named Sunrising. In other words hiking somewhere to see the sunrise. It was my idea to go since, as I already mentioned earlier in this blog, it was AWESOME! When we arrived we looked around and said, "Where are the people?" referring to the two cars we had seen in the parking lot, right when someone noticed them directly under us snuggling on the rock-Awkward. Haha
Once we found the perfect spot to watch the sunrise we snacked on food the guys had brought. We made friends with two ladies who showed up shortly after we did, and I got to use my "Innkeeping skills" by enlightening them on my Moab area knowledge. We also met a tiny little chipmunk after feeding it a grape and a peanut. You could say, we are pretty social people.
On the way back down the trail they discovered that Saren, and I didn't know how to drive a stick shift which was the exact type of car we drove up. They decided they MUST teach us. I was the first to try it out. It was scary, and stressful, and I may or may not have screamed at one point, almost driven off the road during another, and spun the tires, but you know what? We still survived.
Saren was up next. She did great aswell unless there were any Start and stop situations....let's just say, the truck did some jumping, wheelie, lurching type movements every time, and while she gave Lacy several small heartattacks, we have not laughed so hard in a long time. We later learned that Lacy NEVER lets ANYONE drive his truck. Why we were the special ones, I have no idea....They were nice enough to propose we go to breakfast (that or they were having too much fun to end the date yet) so we went straight to the Diner. All three of them were returned missionaries which meant-many "mission" conversations.
After the date, Saren and I realized we had never been on a double date together. It was a new experience, and a fun one at that!
A few hours later, Neal, and I invited Cade and Sierra to watch, "Meet the Mormons" in theaters. When we arrived the man behind the counter asked, "What do you want?" and I said, "We want to meet some Mormons!" Haha
I loved the movie so much!!! It was quite funny, truly inspiring and even strengthened my testimony and increased my desire to go on a mission. I may or may not have got teary eyes during some parts.
I finished my night with 6 hours at Sandstone Gallery, and a good nights sleep before Sunday morning.
Four things: It was Dallin's first Sunday passing the Sacrament, Singles ward is awesome, and so much fun even with a few people, I got set apart as the Relief Society 1st counselor, and enjoyed some fun with friends at a homecoming.
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment