I had been in a steady relationship for months now and I didn't feel like it was going anywhere nor did I want it to go anywhere. Like a little flower that emerges from the ground after a long cold winter I was starting to emerge from my little relationship to see what else the world had to offer me. Haha
Don't get me wrong my relationship had it's good, but I was beginning to realize that I was feeling more unsure and frustrated then happy and fulfilled. The relationship was becoming a burden and restraint to me...not the best thing to feel in a relationship, am I right?...Haha
So where was McKay through all of this? He was just poppin' in and out of my day to day life. He was upbeat, super nice, easy to talk to, and funny. So what can I say, I couldn't help but take notice!
Maddie and I were becoming very good friends at this point. We started doing so many things together! Naturally my path began to cross McKay's quite frequently (perks of being good friends with his sister, right?)
First time I really saw him after our initial meeting (months ago!) was at his house for a class on concealed firearms haha! (You probably don't find that as funny as I do) Like what are the odds that I would be the kind of girl to take my entire evening and devout it to learning about guns and applying for my concealed permit and in by so doing I meet McKay again? Talk about common interests bringing us together!
Another time we "ran into" each other was at a camp fire at a friends house. We ended up sitting next to each other and the conversation easily went to our missions and that was a big deal for me since I hadn't had much of that in the last half a year and I was craving someone who would take interest and he did! It was great fun, and I really enjoyed talking to him!
After a few other encounters my interest began to be peaked. I then learned that he would be going to a boating trip that a group of friends from my singles ward were putting together. This was good news to me because I felt like this meant that I could actually have a decent amount of time to "observe" him.
So that day came and we all headed to the Lake!
Maddie and Jeff (McKay's good friend) also headed out with us to go shoot Jeff's guns. The four of us left everyone else behind. By the time we finally got back to the lake several hours later we found the rest of the group sunburnt, tired and ready to go home.
However, for McKay, Maddie, Jeff and I the party was just starting! Haha We decided we wanted to stay at the lake for the rest of the night because we were just having too much fun together. We tried to get the others to do the same but for one reason or another everyone had to go home. So we worked out the car situation and everyone drove away except the four of us, and then from there the rest is history. In other words, we had a blast and the four of us became really good friends from that night on!
First off, I had no intention of leaving Yuba lake and breaking up with my boyfriend right after.
However, the day after Yuba lake I was hanging out with my boyfriend having just a regular old time with him, but as I was driving home from his house something changed inside me. I had just spent an entire day around McKay and I had way more fun with him than I ever did with my boyfriend. I also felt a good spirit around McKay again something I didn't feel around my BF. McKay felt more like my type and I had a deep yearning to have the freedom to date people who were like me. I also knew that McKay was on a better path than I was and I was inspired by his goodness to find more goodness in my life as well. So when I arrived home, I mustered up every ounce of courage I had and I texted my BF and told him that I was ready to be done. And the best part is I stuck to that decision from there on! Come what may....
To be honest, at that point breaking up had nothing to do with being able to now date McKay (or any other boy for that matter). It was about breaking up because I knew it was the right thing to do.
So I proceeded forward, not knowing or expecting anything. Just wanting to reach a deeper sense of peace and happiness in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment