Sunday, September 28, 2014

When It Rains It Pours!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain"

Wow, what a week!

First off, that whole blog post I wrote about having TWO jobs is no longer valid.
No sir, because now it is THREE jobs.
So now, not only am I working at Sunflower Hill, and Sandstone Gallery, I am also at Sunset Grill.

Do you find it odd that all three places I work start with an "S" and are infact things found in nature e.g.  Sunflowers, Sandstone, and Sunsets. Wooh! How strange. Good thing I like the outdoors...

So on top of starting that third job, my dad asked me to speak with him on Sunday. 
I thought my week was full enough until I got another request asking me to teach Relief Society the same day!

The first thing that came to mind at that moment was, "When it rains it pours!" Hence this blog post title.
Three jobs, A Sacrament meeting talk, AND a Relief Society lesson?!? Waaa?...

I almost turned the RS lesson down because I thought I was too busy but then on second thought I accepted. Mainly because I wanted to teach a lesson so bad and thought it would potentially be my only chance.
I am still surprised my talk, and lesson went as well as they did because I really didn't feel that I spent much time on them. "Thank you!"

Friday night I got asked to go bowling with a group of friends. It was great fun! And now I have date lined up in two weeks. Booyah. Atleast, I know I can have a small social life amongst the many demands I am currently faced with.

Anyways! My week didn't end there. On Sunday I had a scheduled appointment with my Bishop to be interviewed for my mission. I was even able to schedule an interview with my stake president for the same evening. I was on a role!!

For 7 hours I was going from one thing to the next! I was all over the place, doing all sorts of things and to top it all off, was called as the RS 1st counselor.
Have I already mentioned that when it rains it pours?

It's all kind of a joke because it has been raining, and pouring off and on all day.
Even mother nature is in on this! Well played...

I really feel like I have had a taste of "adulthood" this week as I have taken on many responsibilities and have been working to manage all of them. Not to mention the fact that my parents left for a day and a half leaving Neal and I to fend for ourselves.

Seriously, for several days I have at most a few hours between jobs (not counting sleep).
This started running through my mind during the days where I did nothing but go from one job to the next:

"Sleep, Eat, Work, Repeat"

However, among the business of my week there where quite a few wonderful moments.



  • The day I was told at work that I was everything the world thinks a girl can't be. E.g. Innocent, pure, beautiful on the inside
  • Neal volunteering to hang the shelf up in my room that had been sitting there for months (I finally have a place to put all my pictures, nicknacks, sunflowers, books, and candles!)
  • Realizing Saren was going to be home in less then two weeks
  • Fall came!
  • Listening to Dallin sing, and Neal play during the Primary program
  • Feeling the spirit as the stake president talked of giving everything to the Lord when in the MTC
  • Getting emotional as I talked about why I wanted to serve a mission during my talk
  • Being told I would make an awesome missionary from several people
  • Or the moment when I realized I was done with my mission requirements! (now it's only a matter of time...)

I am sure the list goes on only I can't think of anymore at the moment. :)

All in all, it was a very productive week, but a tiring one. I just hope I can stick this out until the end of October. Come November I imagine my work load will be cut drastically. But you never know, I'll just have to see. Until then, I will just learn to dance in the down pour.
Thank goodness I love rain!

"Forget the days troubles, remember the days blessings"

No comments:

Post a Comment