Saturday, January 14, 2017

One Year Older (and wiser too?)

       The new year has started and I feel like I am faced with more decisions than ever on what I am to do and make of this year.

       I read a quote the other day that said, "You're always one decision away from a totally different life."

       I think about that thought all the time now because I'm at a point in my life with some big decisions to make, and depending on what I choose RIGHT NOW will greatly affect the future. It's kinda fun thinking of all the possibilities...Haha

       Five days ago I turned 21. As of right now I'm in the process of buying my own place; about to settle a deal on my first car; trying to figure out the financing to join the ILP program and Figuring out a career path and last but not least in a serious relationship...

       It's quite apparent, as I said earlier, "I am one decision away from so many different possibilities..."

       Anyways, I have some things to catch up on! It was a good week for me leading up to my birthday. After working a full day the Friday before my birthday, I had a nice dinner with TJ and his family which later turned into a surprise party for me. The more the merrier! Right?




       Saturday we got together with my whole family for Archery Tag. It was a great day, and archery tag was SO MUCH FUN! (Many of us went away with the battle wounds to prove it) After wards we had a big family dinner, and then hung out at Ryan's for the rest of the evening. 

       On Sunday we went to Ryan's ward to watch them bless their new baby, and then again met at Ryan's house after wards for dinner. In the mean while though, Natalie had seen a "Welcome Home" sign on one of the houses near the church that was for a Texas Fort Worth missionary. On the way home from church we located the house and to my disappointment found no one home. So we pulled  out of the driveway and started driving away when we realized a car waiting for us. We turned around and headed back. I jumped out of the car to go talk to the people who where looking at us strangely...but then I saw the sister I knew and we both got so excited to see each other. She was just as shocked as ever so I had to explain to her why I was randomly parked in her driveway one Sunday afternoon...Haha Fun times!

       Monday was my official 21st birthday and I spent it at all the bars...wait what?! Jk I had dinner at Tucanos, bowling with the ward for FHE and last but not least went and watched La La Land in theatres.

I am one year older and I would say wiser too but let's not get carried away here...

No comments:

Post a Comment