One of the few Saturdays I've had free this whole summer so what did I do? Woke up at 4 in the morning with Neal, Dallin, and two friends to embark on an epic hike up to Delicate Arch to watch the sunrise. Best decision ever! And totally worth leaving my comfortable bed to do so.
(Short disclaimer: I was not the talented photographer who snapped this amazing pic. However, I do have a few of my own below)
Get this, even though we left at 4:30 and arrived around 5:00am we still weren't the first ones there. Plus a small group was not even five minutes behind us. By the time we left, people were everywhere! The parking lot that had been empty was now overflowing with cars. Moral of the story: if you want to hike Delicate Arch, 4:30 is the time to do it! Haha but really...
If there is one thing I love, it is the outdoors. Anytime all the time. I have to say though, being at Delicate Arch early in the morning watching the sun slowly caressing over the horizon was a new kind of thrill. I think Moab is beautiful and I feel so blessed to live here! As someone once said, "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." The beauty of nature and God's creations never cease to amaze me.

No comments:
Post a Comment