Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mission Bound

"What are your plans this fall??"
THAT, my friends,...is an over asked question. A question that everyone, and their dog wish to know of me these days. (okay maybe not the dogs. That was a slight exaggeration. Though only slight...). Good news all you random citizens of the world who have asked me that question countless times the past few months, this blog post is for You! And You are welcome!...There is a small fee at the end you will need to pay though. I will be leaving my mailing address so you know where to send the money so no worries. I appreciate it. Have a nice day?...

Okay fine, I was a little rough with you. I actually do care about the interest people are taking in my life. What I don't appreciate is having to explain the exact same thing over, and over again. Haha


"Umm, actually I am not going to school. I am staying home like a pathetic little bug. That's right. Atleast until my birthday, and then I am outta here!"

Usually the conversations go a bit differently, and I don't really think I am a pathetic little bug for staying home. It's just that sometimes it sounds lame to say you aren't leaving when everyone expects you to be going to college. Ya know?

Anywho,...Shall we begin?


After my super awesome summer, which in a sense is still going, my life is finally beginning to settle down in that I don't have crazy fun activities planned every. single. weekend.

It kind of hit me the other day that I am not staying home from college for no reason, and that if I am staying home, I need to be making the most of it.

"A plan is just a plan until carried out." That's what I always say!...just kidding, I actually have never said that in my entire life. I just barely made it up.


This October will mark exactly two years from the prophetic declaration given by the prophet to lower the mission age.
In all honesty, I wasn't even there for it. I had to housekeep that Saturday so I missed the first session of General Conference. When I arrived home, my mom was talking rather excitedly about "some" news that was given earlier that day. Mind you I was completely unaware of anything at this point, but for some reason a little thought came into my head (totally out of the blue), "I wonder if they changed the mission age?" Don't even know where that came from!
When my mom confirmed the truth I was only slightly surprised. Since remember, I had already thought of it on my own in the first place. ;) Haha
No, actually it was quit exciting.

Up to that point a mission was more just wishful thinking in my mind. I wanted to go. I really did, but man, 21? I was sure I wouldn't make it. Haha

But now, to think, I could go two years earlier! Really??

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that either since after it was announced, the increase of sister missionaries was staggering.  Lowered age=Increased sisters

It wasn't finalized in my head yet that, I WAS GOING TO GO, but I had my sneaking suspicions that when the age to decide came, I would be right on board.

Sure enough, last fall I began taking the mission prep classes, and ever since then it has been a solid decision in my mind that, YES, I am going on a mission.

The decision felt so right. It still feels SO right. There is nothing I rather be doing right now then preparing for a mission, and there is nothing I rather be doing this coming winter/spring then leaving on a mission.
Anyways, my heart is so set on it now that I am afraid I couldn't possible do anything besides without feeling completely and overwhelmingly discontent and dissatisfied with my life. Haha
But for now, I know it is the right thing to do, and I know Heavenly Father wants me to-thank goodness! Because if for some reason it wasn't the right thing for me to do, I would probably go rebel and do it anyway. ;) Haha (just kidding)


For entertainments sake, I included that fun picture down below
So here's to sister missionaries and LDS missions in general! Yaah! :)

And now you may all rest peacefully knowing that, thank goodness, Jessica isn't just staying home to be a pathetic little bug. Phew! I was gettin' worried... 



3 comments:

  1. That top picture looks exactly like Saren and her tall blonde companion. I thought it was a picture of them that had been retouched to look like a painting until I saw that it says Greg Olsen. Crazy! We'll have to show it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete